We are looking for a Medical Appointment Clerk to join our team providing patient appointment scheduling services to the beneficiaries serviced by the 81st Medical Group at Keesler AFB. The position will pay a total of $17.37 per hour worked: $13.24 per hour as a base rate and another $4.13 per hour for health and welfare.
Schedules appointments in Composite Health Care System (CHCS)/AHLTA for primary care, specialty and subspecialty medical care. In addition to scheduling requested appointments, this position will call patients or respond to secure messaging submissions to schedule, reschedule, and/or cancel appointments as needed, to include appointments for consult/referral specialty care within the MTF or at civilian facilities.
- Book appointments, create telephone consults, communicate MTF and patient cancellations utilizing CHCS
- Monitor the appointment request inboxes submitted through Family Health, Internal Medicine and Pediatric clinics and respond to requests
- Candidates will need to pass a government background investigation
- Candidates will need to receive a CPR certification prior to starting work
- Candidates will need to have current immunizations prior to starting work
- A fully qualified typist (computer keyboard) with a minimum of 50 WPM Is required.
- Speak and understanding the English language.
- Standard office equipment, such as personal computers, copiers, fax machines, and telephone systems.
- General medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customer service skills.
- At least 6 months of experience in medical administrative role.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
- Experience utilizing CHCS
- Experience with appointment scheduling
- Customer service training/experience