Supporting the JIOWC staff web portal.
• Maintain existing JIOWC databases
• Collaborate in the design, development, and implementation of databases to meet new user needs and respond to/anticipate technological innovations
• Control access, monitor performance, perform capacity planning, and perform tuning to JIOWC databases identifying problem areas and recommending/taking corrective actions as required
• Collaborate with JIOWC Webmasters to facilitate distribution of data via JIOWC websites to meet new user needs and respond to/anticipate technological innovations
• Develop and implement database maintenance policies and procedures
• Coordinate with network administrators to devise, develop and implement disaster recovery, archiving, and security procedures
• Assure timely action and completion of information requests by JIOWC customers, delivering the results within the timeframe negotiated by the requestor, designated Government representative, and database manager
• Perform database server software installations, upgrades, and patch management as required
• Identify and resolve users' problems and provide system level programming and scripting as needed
• 7 years of experience in requirements analysis, design, testing, implementation, deploying, and maintaining relational databases
• 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server (along with ability on a limited basis to perform DBA functions on other database software such as Oracle) and the SQL Programming language with ad-hoc SQL queries, stored procedures, and functions
• 5 years of experience with installing, updating, patching, and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL Server.
• Must have 12 years of overall relevant computer experience
• Experience performing a STIG security function on a SQL Database Server
• IAT Level 2 per DoD 8570.01-M
• Active Top Secret with SCI eligibility
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.