The Program Manager will lead and direct all activities in support of Proactive Data Quality and Tier 2.5 Help Desk Operations. Additionally, the Program Manager will be the customer interface between ASG and the Defense Health Agency EHR CORE Program Management Office (PMO) and associated staff elements with program-level Proactive Data Quality and Help Desk support at the unclassified level. The goal is to achieve and implement a service operation to provide a single identity and one complete health record synchronized across multiple systems to include Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), Composite Health Care System (CHCS), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA) and other systems within the MHS.
The Program Manager leads the ASG team supporting DHA programs in the areas of program-level Proactive Data Quality and Help Desk support. Proactive Data Quality includes identifying, analyzing, and remediating issues associated with multiple patient identity, multiple records and other associated data quality issues. Help Desk support includes evaluating, processing or resolving and tracking 100% of the Trouble Tickets identified for the EHR CORE Program Management Office (PMO) Tier 2.5. Patient Identity issues affecting a patient’s Department of Defense Identification (DoDID) shall be coordinated and tracked with the Defense ManPower Data Center (DMDC).
The Program Manager is supported by the Deputy Program Manager and Subject Matter Experts. The Program Manager provides day-to-day management, direction, administration, quality assurance, and leadership of in support of contract deliverables, performance objectives, and contractor personnel. The Program Manager coordinates and cooperates with the EHR CORE PMO Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) for the design, development, test, implementation, deployment, and operation of the CHCS, AHLTA, and related MHS products. The Program Manager required deliverables include project plans, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), activity schedules, GANTT charts, Pareto diagrams, PERT charts, and project status reports utilizing standard software tools adopted by DHA such as Microsoft Office Suite (Project, Word, Power-Point, etc).
Strong technical, analytical and program expertise serves to support data quality analysis and remediation. The PM shall implement and document the proactive data quality activities, procedures and tools to identify, analyze and resolve patient identity, multiple and or duplicate patient records, unmerges and other data quality issues for each Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF) patient population. It is critical that this is accomplished in advance of the MHS Genesis deployment schedule. This shall include a process to analyze and remediate issues on MHS Genesis pre-registration lists prior to deployment.
- Responsible for execution of all cost, schedule, and scope requirements on-time and within budget.
- Establishes, maintains, and improves internal controls and administrative procedures and systems including personnel, deliverables, budget, and operations.
- Develops and submits operating budget for maintaining required staffing levels, GFE, and facilities.
- Reports cost, schedule, and performance results during quarterly IPRs.
- Develops and maintains the Program Management Plan (PMP) including the Integrated Master Management Plan (IMMP), personnel, financials, milestones, tasks, Quality Control Plan (QCP), Continuity of Operations (COOP), Business Continuity Plan, Risk Management Plan (RMP), and the Contractor Technical Training Plan.
- Oversees commitments to security, quality, and personnel programs by conducting security reviews and security briefings, implementing security measures and monitoring policy compliance.
- Serves as project leader for or participant in DHA-wide projects providing development and technical support services, and monitors progress of ongoing projects with other components throughout CORE PMO.
In order to qualify for the Program Manager, you must have IT and Program/Project related experience demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience obtained in either the private or public sector, and/or completion of specific, intensive training that demonstrates that you possess each of the following four competencies:
1. Attention to Detail - is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services;
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately;
4. Problem Solving - identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
5. Serving as project manager (i.e., responsible for the initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure) for the development, deployment, and maintenance of customized business enterprise systems for a large user-base (1,000+); 2) based on extensive experience, and expert knowledge, consulting senior management on the acquisition, deployment, and maintenance of enterprise data warehouse solutions and Business Intelligence reporting technologies;
6. Establishing performance standards, evaluating the work of subordinate employees, providing technical oversight and individualized guidance for an information technology project team or equivalent; and,
7. Performing the required professional administrative functions (i.e., budget monitoring, acquisition proposals, contract monitoring, personnel decisions, writing guidance and policy, and establishing goals and objectives) in order to maintain operations for an information technology project team or equivalent.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree
Must have current DoD NACLC or SSBI
Must have a professional certification in Project Management and/or CPHIMS
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.