Starting pay is $12/hr. Must be able to work any shift.Mission:
This position provides an opportunity to support vital functions for the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS), Office of Information Technology (OIT), supporting programs managing our nation’s fundamental foreign person processing services. The USCIS processes applications and petitions for immigration and citizenship benefits, promotes an awareness and understanding of citizenship, and ensures the integrity of the United States immigration system. These functions and processes include employment authorization, asylum, resident alien processing, and citizenship naturalization, and the successful candidates will help the USCIS OIT provide information technology (IT), expertise, and the support services necessary to enable USCIS to deliver effective, efficient, and secure immigration services and products.
ASG employees work closely with USCIS personnel to deliver high end service solutions that allow them to maintain mission continuity. The selected candidates will work with high performance collaborative teams to deliver best-in-class services and solutions in technical support, systems refresh, software integration, and operations support to clients in CONUS and OCONUS locations.
The Service Desk Tech shall perform Tier 1 services working directly with the Service Desk and staff to ensure that service levels are achieved. The hours of operations are 24 hrs./7 days a week. Shift flexibility is a must. The qualified candidate will perform the following:
Position Qualification Requirements:
- Responds to and diagnoses incidents through discussions with users.
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors problems to ensure timely resolution.
- Provides first-tier support to end users for either PC, server or mainframe applications or hardware.
- Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify correct core problem.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Operate within the SD AQL’s, first call resolution, and speed of answer.
- Perform password resets on applicable systems and ensure phone support is staffed with agents who are qualified to serve as Password Issuance and Control System (PICS) officers by the completion of task order transition.
- Be eligible to hold T1 Public Trust “clearance” supported by a Limited Background Investigation (LBI). There is no National Security Information (NSI) security clearance required.
- Collect information from callers and ensure that tickets are promptly and accurately documented in applicable ticketing system so that up to date information is available at all times.
- Ensure that other IT requests (application specific and others that cannot be resolved by SD Tier 1, 1.5) are properly routed to the appropriate support organizations.
- Utilize the knowledge base to guide callers through resolution of reported issues.
- Provide a support structure for SD Tier 1 to escalate incident to Tier 1.5 or Critical Incident Response Team (CIRT)
- Ensure that all email service requests are processed within the AQL’s.
- Ensure that Tier 1 email team also receives Tier 1 phone support training to assist when email and fax incoming volume is low or during spike on the phones.
- Ensure that a response to every contact is acknowledged to requestor, documented accurately and worked as a first contact resolution or assigned appropriately.
- US Citizen
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to obtain/hold T1 Public Trust “clearances” supported by a Limited Background Investigation
- MCSA certification
- ITIL Foundation certification
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here