This critical role provides program management support for the Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) at Peterson AFB, Co to include supporting the “Front Range” which includes Peterson AFB, Schriever AFB, Cheyenne Mountain, Buckley AFB and Boulder AFB. Abacus Solutions Group supplements government personnel for wire-to-wall-point of presence support and completes minor cabling and installations requirements. ASG also performs client system technical support for desktops, software, collaborative IT, and peripheral devices.Job Summary
The Project Manager will be responsible for providing full project management support for this Front Range Program. The Project Manager will prepare a Project Planning and Implementation Plan and then conduct appropriate program management reviews on a monthly basis. The reviews will include the presentation and discussion of program priorities, project statuses, significant accomplishment, risk management and problem areas.
Position Qualification Requirements:
- Effective Project Planning to include detailed planning by documenting requirements and developing an overall schedule, quality control plan and risk management plan
- Sound Resource Allocation will involve creating a work breakdown structure and setting up Microsoft Project Plans
- Consistent Management Practices involve measuring against metrics and costs identified during the work breakdown and resource analysis
- Substantive Cost and Performance Reporting will involve reporting performance and financial results, monthly cost and schedule date, benefits of major/critical initiatives, variances with planning progress, quality control and risks with mitigation.
- Timely Management Actions based on results from the monthly performance evaluations based on nine project management objectives.
- US Citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree
- TS/SCI Preferred
- TS/SCI eligible required
Certifications: Will need 1 or more of the following certifications
- Information Awareness Technician Level 1
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administration (MCSA)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here