This position pays $13.24
per hour and comes with medical benefits, matching 401k, paid vacation/federal holidays, and certification reimbursement. It is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, with a flex schedule between 7AM - 6PM.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) is the premier Government agency dedicated to the conservation, protection, and enhancement of fish, wildlife and plants, and their habitats. FWS has approximately 10,000 employees. The Regions 1 and 8 (R1/8) Information Resource Technology Management (IRTM) organization is a cadre of IT professionals that are geographically dispersed through Pacific Northwest and Southwest Regions (e.g., Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California, Nevada and the Pacific Islands).
The R1/8 IRTM requires Information Technology (IT) support services to provide a range of technical and non-technical professional services associated with the management of programs, functions, projects, and activities assigned to R1/8 IRTM. Such services will include but are not limited to helpdesk, desktop, mobile devices and client support, user training, technical equipment support, system administration, system upgrades and maintenance, technical engineering and support.
The IT Help Desk team provides highly specialized and responsive support to a mobile and technologically equipped workforce. As a level one (initial/basic) provider of IT support, the Help Desk resolves or escalates requests to its support partners throughout the Service and vendor support teams. It also serves as a primary point of communication for the status of pending requests, service outages, and maintenance activities within the IT environment.
- Answer end user calls and create/resolve tickets utilizing BMC FootPrints ticketing system.
- Deploy, manage and support end user desktops, laptops, iPads, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Maintain the computer networking system in an office environment by tracking server activity, performing upgrades of software, maintaining computer hardware, addressing questions about technical problems, and improving efficiency by evaluating system network functions.
- 1 year of experience performing the tasks in the job description or the educational equivalent.
- Ability to pass a government background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here