ASG is a service-disabled, veteran-owned, small business. We provide technology services and solutions to government customers. We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our team supporting the 6th Medical Group at MacDill AFB.
Bachelor’s Degree in a telecommunications/information technology discipline and a minimum of 3 years practical experience supporting telecommunications/information technology systems in the DOD and networks or 5 years practical experience supporting telecommunications/information technology systems and networks in the DOD. The contractor should understand interactions between data network and Avaya Call Management version 6 (CM6) voice switching and have an understanding/familiarity of wired, wireless infrastructures and 802.1x deployment. IAW DODI 8570, must maintain a minimum of CompTIA Security+ certification and knowledgeable CISCO, Brocade and Juniper systems. The contractor shall maintain currency on new technologies and/or applications in order to support 6 CS information technology requirements and systems integration. The Contractor must have a minimum of a SECRET security clearance.
- Install, configure and manage switches, routers, wireless access points and other network infrastructure equipment (cryptographic devices, uninterrupted power sources, copper/fiber patching, cards and Gigabit Interface Converter (GBIC) Modules and Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) transceivers). The contractor shall maintain routing tables, operating systems, security patches and upgrades.
- Manage and control network IP ranges.
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Monitors and responds to complex hardware and software problems. Interfaces with NOSC, MAJCOM, DISA or vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Report changes to the Communications Focal Point and provide status updates until issues are resolved.
- Support connectivity of other systems, i.e. Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) and e-Tools, to AFNet and troubleshoot problems.
- Creates compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance.
- Troubleshoots network performance issues.
- Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
- Performs testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Utilizes software and hardware tools (Brocade Network Advisor (BNA), Solar Winds and CISCO ISE/PRIME) and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Provides assistance and oversight for network and systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or strategy and operations.
- Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
- Performs complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
- Provide a quarterly life-cycle management plan identifying manufacture discontinued and “end-of-life” equipment for network devices and recommend course of action to upgrade outdated equipment
- Maintain system evaluations and certifications as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.