Insignia Technology Services has an immediate opening for a Cloud Engineer to join our Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Financial Services Center (FSC) team in Austin, TX. In this position you will modernize the FSC's environment, migrate applications to the cloud and help build a true DevOps environment with a full CI/CD pipeline. This position will report to the Senior DevOps Engineer and collaborate with the High Performance Operations Division (HPOD) team. As a Cloud Engineer, you will utilize a variety of tools, with a focus on scripting and automation components to include Ansible, Terraform and Jenkins. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to lead, develop, motivate and support our growing cloud engineer career family within Insignia.
- Provide support to the team with a particular focus on scripting and automation components.
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and design teams.
- Collaborating with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines; drives new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices.
- Full participation in the Agile Scrum processes including speaking up and giving your opinion.
- Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on tasks (design, code, test, Ci/CD, deploy, etc).
- Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is required; two (2) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education requirements
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience working as a Cloud Engineer or similar position or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have experience with using scripting and automation components to include Ansible, Jenkins and Terraform
- Strong Knowledge of Object-Oriented design and programming
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong cross-team communications and collaboration skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Tier 4 / High VA Clearance
- Regular on-time and on-site attendance
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US
- Ability to travel up to 10% as required
- Experience using Angular
- Familiarity with DevOps developing, deploying, and maintaining applications on Amazon Web
- Services is a plus (S3, SQS, SES, OpsWorks, CloudFront, Route 53)
- Previous Veterans Affairs (VA) work experience
- Active Public Trust, Background Investigation (BI) clearance
Insignia reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
At Insignia our mission is to ensure that those who have served and those who currently serve our country have access to the benefits they have earned through selfless service. We are an innovative leader in our marketplace, generating opportunities for our clients, employees, partners, and the communities in which we live, allowing everyone to achieve their goals and objectives.
Insignia is proud to offer eligible employees Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Life Insurance and AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) Retirement, Telecommute, and Continuing Education.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to lift to fifteen (15) pounds at a time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The work environment is primarily indoors.
US Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
It is Insignia Technology Services, LLC policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.