In support of the Defense Logistics Agency, the IT Support Specialist will perform a variety of routine tasks covering planning and delivery of customer support services including installation, troubleshooting, user assistance and training.
• Diagnosing and resolving problems in response to customer reported incidents.
• Planning and analysis of work processes, researching and reporting trends and patterns of problems.
• Developing training materials and performing computing/information system training sessions.
• Developing and maintaining problem tracking databases.
• Installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining hardware and software.
• Performing backup and recovery operations.
• Consulting with users to identify needs and requirements.
• Conducting feasibility studies and trade-off analyses.
• Preparing business cases.
• Ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices.
• May be required to support DLA’s eProcurement system, a segment of its SAP-based enterprise resource planning system.
• Six years of progressive experience in the field of information technology, two of which are concentrated, hands-on experience in installing, diagnosing problems and training customers in the use of software and hardware. Must include installing, imaging, deploying and managing Windows 2012 and/or 2016 Servers.
• Secret Clearance
• U.S. Citizen
Must hold one of the following active certifications:
CCNA-Security, CCSA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+CE, SSCP, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH
Must hold one of the following active computing certifications or related Microsoft computing certification:
MCITP SA, MCITP EA, MCSA:WS2012, MCSE:WS2012, MCSA:WS2016, MCSE:WS2016, MCSM:DS, M2012 Net, MCA:MS Windows Server Directory, CCAA, GCWN
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here